Are you an emerging designer ready to make it big in the surface pattern design world? This is an incredible opportunity to win a design scholarship worth over $2000 to help you on your way! Sponsored by leading pattern blog Print & Pattern, the ABSPD Design Scholarship will provide you with access to over a year’s worth of top design courses, access to top trend site Stylesight and a host of exciting promotional opportunities.
One person will win the following:
*A free place on ALL FOUR MODULES of The Art and Business of Surface Design (M1: Designing your way; M2: Creating your professional identity; M3: Monetising your designs; M4: Building your professional portfolio)
*Six months’ free membership of the MOYO Directory
*90 days’ free access to Stylesight
*The opportunity to be featured on the Print & Pattern blog, in MOYO Magazine and on the Make It In Design site
Previous winners have found this scholarship to be a huge boost to their careers. You can read more about what they got from the course and the opportunity in MOYO Magazine here:
Emily Truong said, “It was great to be part of a community to share your work and get valuable feedback.” She also said, “I’m the type of person who needs a deadline. Having assignments and access to live briefs gave me the motivation to create new designs which ultimately were great learning exercises and helped to grow my portfolio.” Read our interview with Emily on page 58 of MOYO Magazine Issue 3:
Simi Gauba said, “The course gave me direction, confidence and something inside me that tells me ‘I can’. It strengthened my choices and now I know I can make it, simply because I believe I can.”
Read our interview with Simi on page 42 of MOYO Magazine Issue 2:
The applications will be shortlisted by Rachael Taylor and Beth Kempton, co-founders of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design, and the final decision on the winner will be made by Marie Perkins, author of the Print & Pattern blog.
The judges will be looking for originality, sense of colour, awareness of trend and overall quality of design.
Send the following to [email protected] by midnight GMT on Wednesday 12 February 2014 with ‘P&P Scholarship Application’ in the title of your email:
- Your full name, country, email address and website/blog link if available
- Max 100 words about why you are interested in surface pattern design as a career path (feel free to include reference to any experience you have – but don’t worry if you don’t have any experience!)
- Max 100 words about why the course would be valuable to you (all text to be included in the body of your email, not as an attachment
- Two images of patterns you have designed (sent as a 550px wide square jpg attachment)
By submitting a scholarship application you agree to the following terms and conditions:
* Applications not submitted in accordance with the guidelines above will be rejected
* The scholarship is open to anyone aged 18 or over from anywhere in the world
* Applications must be made in English
* If the winner has already taken one or more modules of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design in the past they may choose to either skip or retake that module. The prize is not transferable and no cash alternative is available. However, if the winner is registered for any future course (March 2014 or later), their class fee will be reimbursed.
* Modules must be taken in succession as follows: Module 1 – March 2014; Module 2 – July 2014; Module 3 – October 2014; Module 4 date tbc in 2015
* The Stylesight access will be granted at the end of Module 3
* The MOYO Directory access will be granted alongside Module 4
* The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
* By submitting your work you agree to be featured online or in print by Rachael Taylor, Do What You Love Ltd, Make It In Design, MOYO, Print & Pattern or any other third party chosen by Rachael Taylor and/or Beth Kempton in relation to this opportunity, at any time now or in the future. In such an instance no fees will be payable for the inclusion of your work in any promotional materials relating to the course
* There is no fee payable to enter
* You will retain all rights relating to your images
Deadline for submitting applications: midnight GMT on Wednesday 12 February 2014
Announcement of winner: Tuesday 11 March 2014
Module 1 class starts for winner: Monday 24 March 2014
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions