The start of Summer School is less than a week away – eeek! We’re so excited, we’ve got so much in store for you and we can’t wait for this fun journey to begin!
We’ve pulled together a list of our top ten reasons why – for just £20 – Summer School is an AMAZING opportunity and not to be missed:
- Connect with other designers around the world – Cultural influences shine through and inspire the group. It’s amazing how the same brief can be interpreted in so many different ways – it’s truly fascinating. As a designer it’s so important to build a network of support to help you when you’ve got that frustrating creative block or just need some company if you work alone at home or in a studio!
- Feature in the Surface Pattern Design Lookbook Volume 2 – this highly regarded industry publication has been described as the ‘go-to guide for on-trend designs’. Don’t miss this opportunity to feature – who knows who’ll spot your talent. You can read some of the amazing Lookbook testimonials on our main Summer School page.
- WGSN 2016 trend inspired creative briefs – we will announce two different creative briefs on each track (weeks 1 and 3). The briefs are inspired by real 2016 trends predicted by the world’s leading trend website, WGSN. Show potential clients you’re ahead of the game and clued up on industry trends.
- Experience working to a brief – this is really important, especially if you’re new to the industry. It will show potential clients how you approach work and your versatility as a designer, whilst demonstrating how dedicated you are to make it in this industry by taking part in industry events like Summer School.
- Grow your portfolio – Summer School is a fantastic way to create work in a structured and fun way whilst being inspired by so many others walking the same path. Plus, using 2016 trends inspired from WGSN shows potential clients you’re current and ahead of the game.
- Win free places on The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design courses – signing up for just £20 could win you a prize worth just over £350 – wow! Who wouldn’t want to be in with a chance to win? There will be one winner from each of the three tracks. Our acclaimed courses have supported thousands of designers over the last few years to help them make it in the surface pattern design industry – could you be next? Read some of our amazing student successes – we hope to see your name added to this list!
- Bring your creations alive – we’ve teamed up with The Magic Touch – specialists in the garment and textile printing sector to bring you the opportunity of having your work printed onto a tea-towel, mug or a bag – seeing your designs on an item for the first time is an awesome feeling and it could just be the start of things to come!
- Free downloads – Exclusive downloadable wallpaper for your desktop, phone and iPad! Created by Rachael, we’ve just been given a sneaky peek at them and they’re simply awesome – you’re going to love them.
- Get yourself out there – don’t shy away, this industry is all about getting yourself out there and noticed. Clients like to see what you’ve been up to and where your work has been published. Here’s your chance to get your designs featured on the Make it in Design blog, across our social networks and in the highly-regarded industry publication the Surface Pattern Design Lookbook Volume 2. Many of our industry friends such as Print and Pattern and Uppercase share your designs on their networks too.
- Lots of prizes and surprises – Summer School has so many treats in store for you including more giveaways and fun design challenges. We can’t reveal everything though otherwise there will be no surprises left! But all we can say is, it’ll be the best £20 you’ve ever spent.
We hope you can join us. Summer School starts next Monday July 6 for four weeks.
Choose from our beginner, intermediate or advanced tracks or a combination of them to fill your summer with inspiration, creativity, new friends and lots of fun!
We hope to see you there!