On April 24, 2017, we’ll welcome students from around the globe for the start of 5 weeks of design fun, building a supportive community of new friends and showing what this industry can offer YOU.
These modules are ideal for anyone interested in a career as a surface pattern designer, those ready to build a brand, get noticed and start selling more designs.
Want to peek inside our Module 2 classroom?
Take a look inside our Module 2: Creating your professional identity classroom and get a sneak peek at all the delights: the ease of navigation, a week by week look at the class content and bonus technical workshops.
In module 2 we will teach you:
- How to start your own label – you will do this by actually creating a sample collection, mini brand look book, press release, and trend report
- How to develop your signature look
- How to build your brand image and get people talking about you the way you want them to
- How to understand and predict trends (and how to layout a professional Trend Report in Adobe Illustrator)
- How to put a collection together
- How to get noticed and get press
- How to market yourself and build your online presence
- How to protect your work
- How to create technical repeats
- How to create static and rotating blog ads
- BONUS TECHNICAL WORKSHOP VIDEOS giving you a step-by-step guides to design using Photoshop and Illustrator. Find out more on our Technical Workshops page.
Our co-founder and successful surface pattern designer Rachael Taylor will also be completing Module 2 with the students this April. That’s right – you can get the chance to grow your portfolio, share inspiration, and ultimately grow as a designer alongside an industry professional. Don’t miss out – join today!
Want to peek inside our Module 3 classroom?
Take a look inside our Module 3: Monetising Your Designs classroom and get an inside look at all the fabulous things included in this course along with testimonials, success rates, and more!
In module 3 we will teach you:
- How to identify multiple streams of income for your designs
- How to sell and license your designs (what they don’t teach you at art school)
- The ins and outs of freelancing
- How to get into manufacturing your own product
- How to choose the right distribution channel for you
- How to negotiate a contract that is right for you
- How not to get ripped off
- How to manage your time and money
- How to manage stock levels
- How to get a job in design
- How to stay motivated
- How to create a pattern portfolio to show to potential clients
- How to apply patterns to mock up product templates and room sets
- How to turn a placement print into a technical repeat for wallpaper or fabric
- Everything you need to know about getting in, getting ready and attracting customers at trade shows
- How to design a Trade Show Brochure in Adobe Illustrator
- Invaluable industry info such as colour print specifications for both paper goods & textiles
This year is your year! Take the leap.
Become a successful surface pattern designer with Make it in Design.