This past April, the Make it in Design team celebrated the release of Freedom Seeker, an wonderful and inspirational book written by our fabulous co-founder Beth Kempton! As part the launch, we created a fun Make it in Design giveaway where one lucky person could win a free place on the next Ultimate Portfolio Builder (September 2017)! UPB is a powerful, advanced seven-week online professional surface pattern design course that provides you with tons of real industry experience and advice to start your career in surface pattern design. Before we tell you how to enter, below we’ve shared a bit more about Beth’s fabulous book and what you’ll find inside.
About Freedom Seeker
Freedom Seeker is Beth’s personal story about how she went from a high-spirited, risk-taking adventurer to a grown-up, settled-down, stressed-out mother, wife, and business owner; before she realized that the life she had built was actually suffocating her. She discovered she was far from alone, finding women everywhere feeling stuck, anxious, depressed, exhausted, disconnected, and sad. So she set out to change it, and FREEDOM SEEKER is the result.
It’s full of personal stories from not only Beth, but many other brave and inspiring people, including Art and Business of Surface Pattern design graduate Emma McGowan who shares her story of building her design business. It also hosts a wealth of original, transformational tools to show you how to make the most of this extraordinary time where technology offers new ways to live, work, learn, and connect with each other. It’s a very current manual for living more and worrying less, which will enable Freedom Seekers everywhere to choose the life they want, be happy, and feel free.
Ultimately, FREEDOM SEEKER will help inspire you to follow your dreams and carve out the creative life you desire. It will probably change your life.
How To Enter
- Pick any phrase or paragraph from Freedom Seeker and use it to inspire an illustration or placement print. Please be sure to acknowledge that the quote was by Beth Kempton on your artwork, as you would with any quote
- Create your image at 300 DPI (square, portrait, or landscape is fine) and share as a low-res image online in the first instance
- Share your entry on Instagram by Friday May 19 using the hashtags #freedomseekercompetition #freedomseekerbook – don’t forget to tag @makeitindesign and @bethkempton in your post!
- The winner will be chosen by the MIID team and will not only win a free place on UPB in September 2-17 – they will also be featured in MOYO Magazine and on the MIID blog!
*The Small Print
- The winner will be chosen by the MIID team after Friday May 19 and announced on the MIID Facebook page
- No purchase necessary. If you cannot afford the book, you can ask your local library to order it! You can then borrow it and find the quote/phrase that best resonates with you and your creative side