Summer School 2017 is a great way to fill your summer with inspiration, creativity, new friends and lots of fun over four weeks!
Summer School runs from July 31 – August 25, 2017 and you can choose from our beginner, intermediate or advanced track or a combination of them.
Use this opportunity to stretch yourself, connect with other designers, experience working to trend-inspired briefs, grow your portfolio and even get your work published!
We’ve pulled together a list of our top ten reasons why Summer School is an AMAZING opportunity and not to be missed:
- Connect with other designers around the world – Cultural influences shine through and inspire the group. It’s amazing how the same brief can be interpreted in so many different ways – it’s truly fascinating. As a designer it’s so important to build a network of support to help you when you’ve got that frustrating creative block or just need some company if you work alone at home or in a studio!
- Feature in the Surface Pattern Design Lookbook Volume 4 – this highly regarded industry publication has been described as the ‘go-to guide for on-trend designs’. Don’t miss this opportunity to feature – who knows who’ll spot your talent. You can read some of the amazing Lookbook testimonials on our main Summer School page.
- 2017 industry trend inspired creative briefs – we will announce two different creative briefs on each track (weeks 1 and 3). The exclusive briefs are inspired by real 2017 trends predicted by the world’s leading trend websites; PatternBank and WGSN. Show potential clients you’re ahead of the game and clued up on industry trends.
- Experience working to a brief – this is really important, especially if you’re new to the industry. It will show potential clients how you approach work and your versatility as a designer, whilst demonstrating how dedicated you are to make it in this industry by taking part in industry events like Summer School.
- Grow your portfolio – Summer School is a fantastic way to create work in a structured and fun way whilst being inspired by so many others walking the same path. Plus, using 2017 industry trends shows potential clients you’re current and ahead of the game.
- Win free places on The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design – signing up for just £20 could win you a prize worth just over £350 – wow! There will be one winner from each of the three tracks. Our acclaimed courses have supported thousands of designers over the last few years to help them make it in the surface pattern design industry – could you be next? Read some of our amazing student successes – we hope to see your name added to this list!
- Have fun – we all want to be doing something which is fun yet purposeful. Many of the fun challenges are designed to loosen you up, be spontaneous and enable your family, kids and friends to get involved too if they wish!
- Free downloads – exclusive downloadable wallpaper for your desktop, phone and iPad created especially for you by Rachael Taylor – we know you’ll love them!
- Get yourself out there – don’t shy away, this industry is all about getting yourself out there and noticed. Clients like to see what you’ve been up to and where your work has been published. Here’s your chance to get your designs featured on the Make it in Design blog, across our social networks and in the highly-regarded industry publication the Surface Pattern Design Lookbook Volume 3. Many of our industry friends such as Print and Pattern and Uppercase share your designs on their networks too.
- Lots of prizes and surprises – Summer School has so many treats in store for you including more giveaways and fun design challenges. We can’t reveal everything though otherwise there will be no surprises left! But all we can say is, it’ll be the best money you’ve ever spent!
We’re so excited, we’ve got so much in store for you and we can’t wait for this fun journey to begin.
We hope to see you there!