New Designers 2017 returns to the Business Design Centre, London N1 this summer to showcase over 3,000 design graduates covering a breadth of design disciplines, including ceramics, crafts and furniture across two weeks with Part 1 28 June – 01 July and Part 2 05 – 08 July.
A visit to the show provides a unique opportunity to commission, recruit, be inspired and buy directly from the future of British design whilst supporting the pipeline of new talent into the UK’s creative industries. Part 1 includes textiles, jewellery, ceramics and contemporary crafts whilst Part 2 showcases furniture and product design, illustration and motion arts.
The show is split into two parts, each covering different design disciplines. Make It In Design will be exhibiting in Part 1 of the show (June 28 – July 1, 2017) which focuses on textiles and fashion, ceramics and glass, contemporary design crafts, costume design, jewellery and precious metalwork.
The Make it in Design team have secured stand A6 which is in a fantastic position next to the cafe on the second floor!
We are so excited to be able to talk to the emerging talent of today and share all of the fantastic resources, acclaimed courses and exciting opportunities we offer that can provide a solid foundation for a successful career as a surface pattern designer.
We’ll also be on the look out for great new talent to feature in our future issues of MOYO – our wildly popular surface pattern magazine which has received over 2.7 million views since it launched!
In addition we will have an area on the stand for an interactive doodle competition where each day we will be giving away FREE places on Summer School 2017!
HOW THE COMPETITION WORKS
Each day of the show we will have a different doodle theme and invite visitors to do a quick doodle in response to the theme. Following which we will display the entries on our stand and across social. Each day one winner from the daily theme will be selected to receive a complimentary place on Summer School 2017 on a track of their choice.
EXCLUSIVE INVITE FOR MIID COMMUNITY
We are excited to invite YOU, our talented MIID community to submit to these themes in advance of the New Designers show. In doing so you will be entered into an extra special prize draw for a place on Summer School in exchange for us using your the artwork on the stand.
- Wednesday June 28th – Dots
- Thursday June 29th – Flowers
- Friday June 30th –Trees
- Saturday July 1st – Mark Making
In addition we have set up a number of Pinterest boards to inspire you here!
- Create an inspirational design in response to any of the themes above in your own style & media
- Please supply a 550 pixels wide, ‘save for web’ jpg AND a high res (300dpi) version A5 size (148 x 210 mm) as we will need to print these out each day for the MIID stand at New Designers! You can use Dropbox/wetransfer/sendthisfile to send these images to [email protected] with your full name, website & social media links
- Deadline: Midnight (GMT) Friday June 23, 2017
- Please feel free to share your design on social media. This can be on our Facebook page or tweet to @MakeitinDesign . Use hashtags #makeitindesign, #makeitindesignND, #ND17
- You may enter as many designs as you choose for each theme.
- All entries will be entered into a prize draw and winners will be offered a FREE place on a track of their choice for Summer School 2017.
- Winners will be announced July 3, 2017
- By entering you agree for MIID to share your design online and at the New Designers event.