YAY it’s here! The Make it in Design + Print & Pattern scholarship has officially launched and we are now open for submissions. Below you can find all the details around this fabulous opportunity including what you could win, how it works, and key dates!
One person will win the following:
- A free place on all 4 modules of The Art and Business of Surface Design (M1: Designing your way; M2: Creating your professional identity; M3: Monetising your designs and The Ultimate Portfolio Builder)
- 180 days’ free access to WGSN
- The opportunity to be featured on the Print & Pattern blog, in MOYO Magazine and on the Make it in Design site.
The applications will be shortlisted by Rachael Taylor and Beth Kempton, co-founders of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design, and the final decision on the winner will be made by Marie Perkins, aka Bowie Style author of the Print & Pattern blog.
The judges will be looking for originality, sense of colour, awareness of trend and overall quality of design.
HOW TO ENTER
Send the following to [email protected] by midnight GMT on Saturday December 30, 2017 with ‘P&P Scholarship Application’ in the title of your email:
- Your full name, country, email address and website/blog link if available
- Max 100 words about why you are interested in surface pattern design as a career path (feel free to include reference to any experience you have – but don’t worry if you don’t have any experience!)
- Max 100 words about why the course would be valuable to you (all text to be included in the body of your email, not as an attachment)
- Two images of patterns you have designed (sent as a 550px wide square jpg attachment)
- FILE NAMING: please put your full name and pattern name (if there is one) into the JPG file name – example: Rachael-Taylor-Sunburst.jpg
THE SMALL PRINT
By submitting a scholarship application you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Applications not submitted in accordance with the guidelines above will be rejected
- The scholarship is open to anyone aged 18 or over from anywhere in the world
- Applications must be made in English
- If the winner has already taken one or more modules of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design they may choose to either skip or retake that module. However, the prize is not transferable and no cash alternative is available. However, if the winner is already registered for any future course in 2017, their class fee will be reimbursed
- Modules must be taken in succession as follows: Module 1 – February 2018; Module 2 – May 2018; Module 3 – September 2018; The Ultimate Portfolio Builder February 2019
- Access to WGSN will be granted at the end of Module 3 and The Ultimate Portfolio Builder
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- By submitting your work you agree to be featured online or in print by Rachael Taylor, Do What You Love, Make it in Design, MOYO, Print & Pattern or any other third party chosen by Rachael Taylor and/or Beth Kempton in relation to this opportunity, at any time now or in the future. In such an instance no fees will be payable for the inclusion of your work in any promotional materials relating to the course
- There is no fee payable to enter
- You will retain all rights relating to your images
Deadline for submitting applications: Midnight GMT on Saturday December 30, 2017
Announcement of winner: Tuesday January 23, 2018
Module 1 class starts for winner: Monday February 19, 2018