Start your New Year filled with inspiration, creativity and lots of new friends by joining the Make it in Design Winter School.
This exciting global online design event gives you experience working to A/W 18/19 trend briefs, helps build your portfolio, connect with other designers around the world and gives you the opportunity to get your work published!
Winter School will run for four weeks from January 8 – February 2, 2018 and for just £20 (approx $25 USD), you can choose from our Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced tracks or enjoy an attractive discount when you sign up for multiple track bundles available in our shop!
We’ve pulled together a list of our top ten reasons why Winter School is an AMAZING opportunity and not to be missed:
- Connect with other designers around the world – Cultural influences shine through and inspire the group. It’s amazing how the same brief can be interpreted in so many different ways – it’s truly fascinating. As a designer it’s so important to build a network of support to help you when you’ve got that frustrating creative block or just need some company if you work alone at home or in a studio!
- Get published – don’t miss this opportunity to feature in our highly regarded magazine MOYO – the world’s first online magazine dedicated to surface pattern design – who knows who’ll spot your talent in here!
- Autumn/Winter 2018/19 industry trend inspired creative briefs – we will announce two different creative briefs on each track (weeks 1 and 3). The exclusive briefs are inspired by real 2018/19 trends predicted by the world’s leading trend website PatternBank. Show potential clients you’re ahead of the game and clued up on industry trends.
- Experience working to a brief – this is really important, especially if you’re new to the industry. It will show potential clients how you approach work and your versatility as a designer, whilst demonstrating how dedicated you are to making it in this industry by taking part in events like this.
- Grow your portfolio – Winter School is a fantastic way to create work in a structured and fun way whilst being inspired by so many others walking the same path. Plus, using 2017/2018 industry trends shows potential clients you’re current and ahead of the game.
- Win free places on The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design – signing up for just £20 could win you a prize worth just over £350 – wow! There will be one winner from each of the three tracks. Our acclaimed courses have supported thousands of designers over the last few years to help them make it in the surface pattern design industry – could you be next? Read some of our amazing student successes – we hope to see your name added to this list!
- See your designs come alive – we are thrilled to have teamed up with Fashion Formula, who this year are offering 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes per track where winning designs will be produced as fabric and tea towels! It’s always awesome to see your designs come alive as physical products!
- Free downloads – exclusive downloadable wallpaper for your desktop, phone and iPad created especially for you by our fab design team – we know you’ll love them!
- Get yourself out there – don’t shy away, this industry is all about getting yourself out there and noticed. Clients like to see what you’ve been up to and where your work has been published. Here’s your chance to get your designs featured on the Make it in Design blog, across our social networks and in the highly-regarded industry publication MOYO magazine.
- Lots of prizes and surprises – Winter School has so many treats in store for you including more giveaways and fun design challenges. We can’t reveal everything though otherwise there will be no surprises left! But all we can say is, it’ll be the best money you’ve ever spent!
We’re so excited, we’ve got so much in store for you and we can’t wait for this fun journey to begin on Monday!
We hope to see you there!