By registering for one or more courses from Make It In Design or for The Make it in Design Live Hub membership you agree to the following Terms & Conditions of Sale:
Terms and Conditions:
- You acknowledge that all sales are final and no refunds will be given before, during or after class. Class sales are for a named date and may not usually be transferred. Any exceptions to this will be decided on a case-by-case basis for extraordinary personal circumstances only, and at the sole discretion of Make it in Design.
- You acknowledge that your purchase is subject to any applicable tax in your country and that this is not controlled by Make it in Design.
- If you have purchased one or more of our courses and are a VAT registered business within the EU, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected] as you may be entitled to claim VAT back.
- We have students from all over the world and all payments are made via PayPal. All courses are priced in GBP £ as we are headquartered in the UK. Any approximate $ equivalents given are for reference only. When paying by Paypal, you will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing Paypal exchange rate.
- You acknowledge that Make it in Design reserves the right to change advertised content (to content of an equivalent or higher value), or the published class date at any time.
- You acknowledge that if you choose to pay by instalments (where this option is available), no refunds are given for part payments should you choose to quit the instalment plan before class begins, and you acknowledge that you will only be given access to class if you have successfully completed all instalment payments before your chosen class begins.
- You give permission for us to contact you by email in relation to your purchase and to deliver the educational content related to that purchase.
- You confirm that you are purchasing a single license for this course for your individual use only. To enquire about educational/corporate rates (for official groups of 10 or more) please send an email to [email protected]
- You acknowledge that the course organisers reserve the right to delete any inappropriate comments in the classroom or any of the class-related community spaces, in order to provide and maintain a supportive classroom environment.
- You give permission for the course organisers to use any images you share in the class community areas such as submission galleries in any future class-related marketing or promotional strategies, online or offline. You will always be credited and will retain the full rights to your work.
- All courses from Make it in Design are produced and managed by Do What You Love Limited on behalf of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design / Make it in Design and this name will appear at the checkout upon a purchase of a course / resource from our shop and on your bank statements.
Self-paced, instant access classes: (Core classes: Modules 1-3, The Ultimate Portfolio Builder, Hands-on classes: Florals and Nature, Interior Masterclasses)
- Please note that the end date for access will be clearly displayed at the time of purchase and also on your order acknowledgement. If you have any queries please contact the team via [email protected]
- Please note that typically only the written class content can be downloaded from class.
- The private online Facebook community dedicated to your specific class will remain available to you indefinitely.
Live classes: (Make it Happen, Summer School and Winter School)
- Please note that the live dates for the course duration and access dates will be clearly displayed at the time of purchase and also on your order acknowledgement.
- You acknowledge that that Summer and Winter School are not in-depth, taught classes like our self-paced, instant access classes and do not include any technical guidance.
The Live Hub membership:
- You acknowledge that registrations for The Make it in Design Live Hub membership are final and no refunds will be given. You can cancel your membership of The Make it in Design Live Hub at any time but no part-refunds will be given for payments already made. Please contact the team via [email protected] for details.
- You acknowledge that if you cancel your membership you will be removed from The Make it in Design Live Hub Facebook Group with immediate effect and will have no further access to class content.
- You acknowledge that The Make it in Design Live Hub is a subscription based membership meaning that on signing up your next payments will automatically be taken by Paypal or Stripe on the next scheduled payment date.
- Please note that membership is for Live Hub content only as detailed here and does not include access to our design school classes.
- You agree to the MIID Live Hub Ground Rules, which are as follows: (i) stay open; (ii) be positive; (iii) no negative critique of others; and (iv) no excuses are necessary.
- You agree that you shall not redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, commercially exploit, broadcast, modify, adapt, edit, sub-license, rent, share, lend, or transfer any digital products that you purchase through this site, or any of the contents delivered via Facebook Live or within our private communities.
Online course delivery policy:
All our courses are delivered online in private classrooms. We do not deliver physical products in the post. You create an account at the time of purchasing a class or membership. To access the classroom click on ‘My Account‘ found at the top of the Make it in Design website.
An email reminder for Live classes only will be sent to the email address you used to register for the class, and will be sent at least two days prior to the start of class (except where you register with less than 48 hours to go, in which case it will be sent within 48 hours of registering, which may be after the class has begun).
If you require any assistance, please email [email protected] and the team will be happy to help.
Membership Reference Transactions:
In order to facilitate recurring payments and to keep your membership active, Make it in Design have enabled ‘Reference Transactions’ through our payment gateway, PayPal. While this does enable Make in Design to alter payments in line with The Make it in Design Live Hub service, we will NOT alter your subscription amount or status without explicit communication in advance of any changes. In the case that our subscription fees change, you will always have adequate notice and retain the right to cancel your membership at any point.
We commit to adherence to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018:
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you will be asked for personally identifiable details. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. When visiting our site anonymously, we may store information regarding the behaviour of your session on our website, such as what pages were visited, what links you clicked on, how long you spent before going to another page.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalise (your information helps us better respond to your individual needs)
• To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
• To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your individual needs)
• To process transactions
• To send periodic emails
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
• The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send information and updates pertaining to your purchase/ registration. In addition to this the email address you provide when signing up for our Newsletter will be used to send you our Newsletter.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future Newsletters, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each Newsletter.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We store cookies on your computer to identify that you have been to our site before, and to personalise certain content based on previous behaviour.
If you would not like to be tracked during your visit you can install a Do Not Track Plugin for Google Chrome or enable the Do Not Track feature in Firefox.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions you may contact us at the following email address: [email protected]
Make it in Design, 2021.