WOW! We had OVER 320 ENTRIES in our recent typography competition to win a place on The Ultimate Portfolio Builder, starting March 21, 2016.
It’s been a pleasure to see all of your wonderful entries – thank you so much for all your effort, hard work and for sharing them with us!
And the winner, chosen by Rachael Taylor, is …
We look forward to sharing our Top 20 entries with you next week and in the meantime you can check out this cool #tagboard so you can easily see many of the competition entries in one place:
We are also thrilled to say we hope to feature many of these FAB entries in our blog feature ‘Quote of the Week’ so watch this space!
ABOUT THE PRIZE!
This prize is for ONE place on The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design ‘The Ultimate Portfolio Builder‘ course starting March 21, 2016.
Described by previous students as a great investment / a fantastic course / wonderful in every way / an intense, highly focused course that will propel you to the next level / highly recommended for anyone serious about a career as a surface pattern designer / jam packed with opportunities / totally motivating, The Ultimate Portfolio Builder is a pattern design course like no other on the market today.
The Ultimate Portfolio Builder is packed to the rafters with opportunities, fun design challenges, tools and advice to grow your body of commercially viable work, refine and strengthen your professional design portfolio and push you to your design limit.
Brought to you in association with Printsource New York, one of the top surface and textile design shows in the world, you’ll receive exclusive insight to help you secure the right buyers for your work, deal effectively with clients, get trade show ready and discover the secrets to landing your dream work. Plus one lucky person on the course will win a free booth at Printsource August 2017 and $1,000 to get them to New York!
The course includes;
- five weeks of exceptional in-depth teaching on various subject matter
- a series of fun advanced design challenges to help you build a strong, rounded portfolio
- live briefs from real companies such as DENY Designs, Really Good and Dashwood Studio looking to sign the next big talent. They’ve already signed up a number of our students, could you be next?
- video based technical masterclasses from guest designers to hone your professional design skills in Illustrator and Photoshop
- invaluable individual work reviews so you can understand where you are now and how to move forward
- trade show planning advice direct from Printsource New York
- a chance to win a free booth at Printsource Aug 2017 and $1,000 to get you to the show
- opportunity to put questions to Rachael Taylor
- free access for 90 days to the top trend forecasting site WGSN
- access to a huge library of textures, exclusively styled room set and product images for you to create your own professional mock-ups on, and a selection of awesome colour palettes
- one fab global community
The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design is the definitive guide to becoming a surface pattern design professional.If you have ever dreamed of seeing your designs on stationery, homewares, fabric or other products, this series of interactive online courses is for you! Thriving surface pattern designer Rachael Taylor will guide you along this exciting path from developing your signature style, to putting a collection together, and from protecting your work to monetising your designs. With a rich combination of design inspiration, practical advice, demonstrations, creative exercises, resources and interviews with leading industry practitioners, this is the go-to guide for anyone wanting to develop their design skills and break into the industry. Our next classes begin March 21, 2016 – we hope to be able to welcome you to class!