The Ultimate Portfolio Builder is an advanced seven-week online professional surface pattern design course, consisting of an intense five-week class followed by two weeks of design reviews.
This powerful course will give you all the tools and advice you need to grow your body of commercially viable work, refine and strengthen your professional design portfolio and give you the fast-track to trade show success.
As part of the course, we offered our February class the chance to win an incredible opportunity to get professional and personal trade show planning advice, wide spread exposure at a highly-respected exhibition dedicated to emerging creative talent, your work published in MOYO magazine and to continue your learning into other rewarding areas you may not have previously considered.
Today we are delighted to announce TWO WINNERS as selected by our Co-founders Rachael Taylor and Beth Kempton and the Make it in Design Team.
We were so impressed with the beauty and standard of the submissions and it makes us so happy to see such talent coming out of our community!
Amy McCoy|USA | Website
Rachael said: “I thought Amy’s use of colour was very contemporary and think she has done a wonderful job of creating a beautifully simple yet coordinating collection that I really could see in use. I adore her lovely mark-making style and her use of mixed media”.
Natasha Rowarth | UK | Website
Beth said: “Natasha has some truly fabulous hand illustration, and it is all tied together really well with the ‘curious collector’s cabinet’ concept. Love it”.
The standard of ALL entries was incredibly high and we wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to enter. AMAZING work!
1) TRADE SHOW MENTORING & EXPERT ADVICE
Get a money-can’t-buy opportunity of a personal pre-show creative and business mentoring session with Make it in Design’s co-founders Beth and Rachael. At any point in your journey leading up to exhibiting at a show you can take advantage of a personal Skype call with Rachael and Beth to run through ideas, thoughts and ask questions about anything you like to help your show preparation!*
- 30 minute CREATIVE REVIEW session with Rachael Taylor on Skype
- 30 minute BUSINESS mentoring session with Beth Kempton on Skype
* Skype sessions must be pre-arranged with at least one month’s notice, are dependent on availability and must be taken before December 31, 2017.
2) GET PUBLISHED!
As part of this prize you will be awarded a four page feature in issue 11 of MOYO magazine! MOYO magazine is the first online magazine dedicated to surface pattern design and has been viewed an incredible 2.9 million times since it launched. You will enjoy a four page feature article about you and your gorgeous work and will be featured alongside our next cover star Lisa Congdon! The standard rate card for a full page in MOYO is £1,000 (over $1,200 USD) so this prize is worth plenty more! We will also promote your MOYO feature on the Make it in Design blog, in our e-newsletter and across our social networks.
- MOYO Magazine issue 11: A four-page feature article
- Dedicated coverage on the Make it in Design blog, e-newsletter and social channels to a potential audience of 50,000+ creatives
3) NEW DESIGNERS STAND PRESENCE
The Make it in Design team will be exhibiting at the popular New Designers Show (Part 1) in June 2017. This show is an incredible platform for hot new talent into the UK’s creative industries and as part of this prize we will happily offer you the chance to showcase some of your beautiful products and business cards*. If you can make the show we’d love you to join us for a day on the stand too!
- Presence on the Make it in Design stand at New Designers (Part 1) 28 June – 1 July 2017
* On acceptance of this prize the team will discuss available stand space and suitable products (maximum of 3). You must be able to ship your products to the Make it in Design team in the UK by the beginning of June 2017 and cover the cost of postage. After the show we will post your products back at our cost.
4) COMPLIMENTARY E-COURSE MASTERCLASS
Sharing what you know online can be a gateway to freedom and make a real difference in people’s lives. If you have something that you are passionate about, experienced in and want to share it with the world, creating a online course could be something to explore. Join Make it in Design’s co-founder and founder of Do What You Love, Beth Kempton, to discover if there’s an e-course in you that can be bought to life*.
- Complimentary access to Reach Teach Profit: The E-course Creation Masterclass worth £329 (over $400 USD)
* Sign up before June 30, 2017. This e-course is self paced and once registered you’ll have access to it until December 31, 2017.